In this episode Dietitian Laura Manning and author Karen Frazier enlighten IBS sufferers through their book The Flexible FODMAP Diet Cookbook, which offers over 100 tasty and nutritious FODMAP friendly recipes, that can be customised depending if you are prevalent IBS-D or IBS-C and can also accommodate other food intolerance, in addition to FODMAPs (GERD, SIBO and more).
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why did Karen keep on putting on weight despite following a very healthy diet?
- Which health issues does Karen suffer from?
- Why was Laura truly enlightened when the low FODMAP diet came about?
- How Karen and Laura’s cookbook differ from most other low FODMAP cookbooks?
- Reasons why a lot of IBS sufferers lose weight.
- What is hypermotility and how can it affect your day-to-day activities?
- What is dysbiosis of the gut?
- Tips on how to reduce bloating.
- How to adjust low FODMAP recipes to help with other health issues?
- Why planning and preparation are so important to be successful on a low FODMAP diet?
- How to avoid the fear of starting a low FODMAP diet.
- Karen and Laura’s favourite recipes from the book.
- What are the main struggles for IBS sufferers’ starting a low FODMAP diet?
To read the show notes for this episode, please visit www.lowfodmapdiets.com/36