In this week’s episode, I have the pleasure to interview Dr. Miechelle O’Brien, my first gastroenterologist guest. Dr O'Brien explains IBS and other GI issues while sharing her knowledge and passion with us. Also you can find out, how she got the fantastic idea of creating the TrueSelf™ Foods products to help many IBS sufferers with convenient, yet healthy and delicious snack bars that won't trigger their symptoms.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What is a gastroenterologist?
- How important is to see a gastroenterologist for someone suffering from digestive issues?
- What is the difference between syndrome, disorder and disease?
- What does “brain in our gut” means?
- What causes IBS?
- How common is IBS around the world?
- What is post-infectious IBS?
- Are women more prone to IBS than men?
- What is the best way to find out if you have IBS?
- What is the Rome IV criteria all about?
- How is IBS different from IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease)?
- How to treat IBS symptoms?
- How Dr. O’Brien found out about the low FODMAP diet?
- How knowledgeable are other GI specialists about the low FODMAP diet?
- How Dr. O’Brien came up with the idea of creating low FODMAP food products?
To read the show-notes for this episode, please visit www.lowfodmapdiets.com/23