Lauren Renlund is a registered dietitian and nutrition coach from Ontario, Canada. She is also a food lover and blogs about good food and digestive health issues under the name The Tummy Troubles Dietitian. She was diagnosed with IBS in 2014 and used the low FODMAP diet to improve her symptoms and identify her food intolerances. After that, she started a blog to share her experiences and suitable recipes. Lauren offers nutrition counselling and coaching sessions in person and remotely, both by telephone and Skype, and works with her patients to create a personally tailored nutrition plan. Lauren's key messages for her blog are:
- You don't have to be embarrassed of your tummy troubles;
- You're not alone in your struggles;
- You can use nutrition to help manage symptoms and improve your health.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How Lauren came across the low FODMAP diet?
- How stomach bugs are connected to IBS symptoms?
- Why IBS sufferers shouldn’t be ashamed their issues?
- What was Lauren’s motivation for starting her blog?
- What are some tips for IBS sufferers to live a happier life?
- Why the re-challenge and reintroduction phase is so important.
- How Lauren’s passion for food came back after the initial disappointed of realising that many of her favourite foods would need to be restricted?
- What are the differences between traditional dietary recommendations and low FODMAP diet recommendations?
- What is gut microbiome and how important is it?.
- Why probiotics should not be taken during the elimination phase of the low FODMAP diet?
- Do juice cleanses and detox teas work?
To read the show notes for this episode, please visit: